Semester 1 Assignments

Bookface

Light Painting Portraits with Flash

Indeed Job Searches

1. Sales Photographer (Ontario,CA) – This job sounds interesting and I do meet the requirement since the only one is to have a year of experience in sales. I like selling stuff and I think I’m pretty good at it. This job very flexible with everything include the equipment.

Screen Printing

Sandy Skoglund’s Style

Scavenger Hunt

Nature/Landscape with Painting

Multiple Exposure with Flash

Wassily Kandinsky

Political Issues

My poster was designed to alert and warn people about the affects that vaping causes. The picture represents want vaping does to your lungs. I feel like people should know the effects that come along with vaping and what is happening to their body, the harm they are causing. The people who are in favor of vaping can say otherwise and honestly that is on them but personally I feel like people should at least know and learn the effects that vaping causes to your body. The people who are part of the vaping community have the right to be offended because it’s something that they enjoy but this is an issue that can be seen from both perspectives and have understable arguments.

Senior Portraits

DSLR Camera and Lens PPT

1. DSLR stands for ” Digital Single Lens Reflex”
  2. The mirror system inside allows you to preview through the viewfinder and the same image that is being captured on film/sensor.
  3. major difference between DSLRs and consumer are the detachable lens.
  4. prime or zoom lenses.
  5. Lens: prime lens; only one focal length. zoom lenses; variable focal lengths.
  6. metaphors to understand exposure: window, garden hose and tanning.
  7. Kit lens are a basic lens that comes with a camera body in a “kit,” usually not to expensive.
  8. Focal Lengths of Camera Lens; Image sensor, Focal length and Nodal Point.
  9. Multiple focal lengths.
  10. Focal lenses depend on the shooting scenario.
  11. Lenses and Focus are different.
  12. There is a proper way to remove the lenses carefully.
  13. Each photography situation has a different ISO.
  14. Look for the exposure while you’re shooting.
  15. ISO is the film’s sensitivity to light.
  16. shutter speed determines how still the photo will be.
  17. the shutter speed will also depend on the shooting scenario.
  18. the shutter speed will decided how long the shutter is open for.
  19. Follow the 180 degree Shutter Speed rule.
  20. Tripods help with the shakiness of a photographer.
  21.  Depth of Field is how shallow the picture will be.
  22. Lens are defined by mount, prime or zoom, series, focal length(s) and maximum aperture.
  23. The white balance is a camera setting that will adjust how colors look.
  24. Most cameras have presets; daylight, cloudy, flash, various indoor lights.
  25. Multiple shooting modes.

Equipment Buying List

I believe that with a budget of 50,000 I am able to buy good equipment for photography.

The camera that I would choose would be a Sony a1 Mirrorless which is roughly $6,498. The reasoning behind the purchase of this camera would be that it would have a feature-rich camera. This type of camera also has a boasting of 8k video and 50MP with a 30 fps shooting.

Another camera that I would purchase would be a Canon EOS 90D DSLR Camera which has a price of $1,199. The IOS sensitivity  of this camera is 25600 and a low noise. It gives an image clarity, resolution, dynamic and range.

My next purchase would be a Sony FE 25-70mm f/2.8 GM II lens at the cost of $2,298. The lens would be useful because they’re small and light. It also includes many features such as focus and handling upgrades. One last thing about these lens is that it has great zooming.

I would also get a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 II USM Lens which roughly costs $1,899.  Another type of lens that I would purchase would be the Sigman 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens for the Canon EF that costs $799. These types of lens have a good quality wide angle and they’re fast.

The EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Lens would also be a purchase of mine. They cost $199 and they have a 4x zoom and they’re also very light. It also includes a pretty fast and accurate autofocus and it allows the images to come out with great quality.

My next lens purchase would be the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM Art Lens for the Canon EF which cost $1,299. These lens have a water and oil repellent coat that allows you to shoot in those type of conditions and they help the images come out with good quality even if there is shaking involved when taking the pictures.

The next purchase that I would make would be for lighting purposes. I would buy the Impact 5-1 Collapsible Circular Reflector Kit that has a cost of $130 because it would allow me to take pictures that would come out bright and smoothly.

Next I would purchase a Chimera 54″ Barndoors for short side of large soft box (set of 2) that has a cost of $175. This allows me to have good lighting indoors which would help the pictures come out with great lighting.

The GMV RGB LED studio video bi-color soft 1000D 3-light Panel Kit that costs $429 would also be one of my purchases because it would help me with the inside lighting coming out with good quality. Another purchase that would help with the inside lighting would be the Westcott 2-light Location Kit with FJ-2m wireless trigger and it has a cost $1,999.

I would also purchase an Apple 24″ iMac with a M1 chip at the cost of $2,099. This iMac would allow me to photoshop my pictures. It will also help upgrade the photos and they will come out with good quality.

These would also be all my purchases and it would come out to a total cost of $21,877. The rest of the money would be kept safely in case any of my products were to be damaged.

Block Printing

Double Color Exposure

Cut and Paste Collage

Read and Write

Photography can be a great job to those who like the beauty of things. The thing about photography is that it doesn’t come with the constant stress that a regular job would come with because honestly, photography doesn’t feel like a job. It’s more like a passion. I would personally like to work in the photography field because it doesn’t seem like much stress if you really enjoy it. The job obviously has it’s cons to it like any other job but overall, the benefits that come with the job make the cons irrelevant. You get to be your own boss so really that is the only thing that is needed to convince me to dig more into the photography field. The job is also one of the few jobs that will always be current since photography is something that will always be modern. The job being always modern will be something very convincing because no one would want to lose their job half way into the years dedicated into it. Overall, being in the photography field doesn’t sound bad and it’s something that I will always considerate.

Mirror Imagery

Depth of Field

Read and Write Review

1. The aperture of a camera is the adjustable len that controls the amount of light that goes into the camera. Shutter speed is the speed at which the shutter of the camera closes. Finally, the ISO is the camera’s sensitivity to light.
  2. The ISO of a camera would be adjusted for low-light conditions.
  3. Shutter speed and the aperture priority is to allow light into the camera depending the kid of image that is being taken and how clear the picture is.
  4.  AF mode is autofocus and to change that mode you would have to change the lens of the camera.
  5. You would need to meter the light to get correct exposure results.
  6. White balance is used to adjust colors and match them to the light sources being used in the photograph. You will need to change it if you want to match your white subjects with the color white.
  7. The depth of field is the focus between the nearest and furthest objects in the image. Sharp focus means that the main attentions goes towards the subject because the background is very blurred out.
  8. The metering modes is the way your camera determines what is the correct shutter speed and aperture for the image you’re taking.
  9. Exposure compensation is used to adjust the exposure from what the camera selected to make the photographs birther or darker.